News and Recent Events
- STSN hosted workshop: “Spatial and Spatio-Temporal Design and Analysis for Official Statistics” (May 20-21, 2016)
- Jonathan Bradley hired as an assistant professor of statistics at University of Florida.
- Mary Jost hired as a Mathematical Statistician at the U.S. Census Bureau (Decennial Statistical Studies Division - DSSD)
- Chris Wikle named University of Missouri Curators' Distinguished Professor.
- Scott Holan received the H. O. Hartley award from Texas A&M University for distinguished service to the discipline of statistics.
- Mary Ryan is now a graduate student in statistics at University of California, Irvine.
- "The Cepstral Model for Multivariate Time Series: The Vector Exponential Model," NBER-NSF Time Series Conference, Columbia University, NY, September 2016 (S.H. Holan).
- "Recent developments in nonlinear dynamic spatio-temporal models" (an overview). Invited speaker, Department of Statistics, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, January 2016 (C.K. Wikle).
- "Hierarchical spatio-temporal statistical methods for environmental, agricultural and federal statistics applications," ESRI Spatio-Temporal Statistics Summit. Redlands, CA, February 2016 (C.K. Wikle).
- "Small Area Estimation for High-Dimensional Non-Gaussian Dependent Data." Joint Statistical Meetings, Chicago, IL, August 2016 (J.R. Bradley).
- "Hierarchical Models for Spatial Data with Errors that are Correlated with the Latent Process." International Chinese Statistical Association, Atlanta, GA, June 2016 (J.R. Bradley).
- "A Bayesian Approach to Multivariate Signal Extraction," Joint Statistical Meetings, Chicago, IL, August 2016 (C. Hasset).
- "Multivariate Spatio-Temporal Models for High-Dimensional Areal Data with Application to Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics," ISBIS 2016 Meeting on Statistics in Business and Industry, Barcelona, Spain, June 2016; Small Area Estimation Conference, Maastricht, The Netherlands, August 2016 (S.H. Holan)..
- "Spatio-Temporal Change of Support With Application to American Community Survey Multi-Year Period Estimates," Joint Statistical Meetings, Chicago IL, August 2016 (S.H. Holan).
- "Panel Session on New Developments in Small Area Estimation," Small Area Estimation Conference (Invited Panelist), Maastricht, The Netherlands, August 2016 (S.H. Holan).
- "A Multivariate Spatio-Temporal Model for U.S. Migration," Joint Statistical Meetings, Chicago, IL, August 2016 (T. Oswald).
- "Spatiotemporal Modeling with Applications to Stroke Mortality and Data Privacy," Joint Statistical Meetings, Chicago, IL, August 2016 (H. Quick).
- "Particle Swarm Optimization - Assisted Metropolis Hastings Algorithms," Joint Statistical Meetings, Chicago, IL, August 2016 (M.W. Simpson).
- May, 2016, Dr. David Steel, University of Wollongong
- April, 2016, Dr. Anindya Roy, University of Maryland – Baltimore County
- March, 2016, Robert Colosi, US Census Bureau – Census 2020 Presentation
- October, 2015, Dr. Martin Klein, US Census Bureau
- “A conditional approach to multivariate spatial modeling,” Statistical Seminar Series at US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Washington DC, December 2015 (N. Cressie).
- “Census data on mean usual weekly income: Regression and simultaneous autoregression when the dataset is large,” NSF-Census Research Network Fall Meeting, US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Washington DC, December 2015 (N. Cressie).
- “Spatio-temporal change of support with application to American Community Survey multi-year period estimates,” NCRN Fall Meeting, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Washington D.C., December 2015 (S.H. Holan).
- “Recent developments for space-time modeling of public-use federal data,” Geospatial Statistics, Tools, Data, Practices, Opportunities and Challenges in the Federal Agencies (Workshop), Washington DC, October 2015 (J.R. Bradley).
- “Recent advances and future directions in spatial and spatio-temporal statistics for Federal data: Academic partnerships and the NCRN,” Geospatial Statistics, Tools, Data, Practices, Opportunities and Challenges in the Federal Agencies (Workshop), Washington DC, October 2015 (S.H. Holan).
- “Efficient parameterizations and optimal support for multiscale multivariate spatio-temporal data,” Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO, October 2015 (C.K. Wikle).
- “A conditional approach to multivariate spatial modeling,” School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, University of Newcastle, Australia, September 2015 (N. Cressie).
- “Multivariate spatio-temporal models for high-dimensional areal data with application to Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics," NBER-NSF Time Series Conference, Vienna, Austria, September 2015 (S.H. Holan).
- “Recent advances in spatio-temporal statistical models for high-dimensional environmental data. Invited speaker: Unlocking the mysteries of the physical world with data science workshop, Columbia University Data Science Institute, September 2015 (C.K. Wikle).