Graduate Student Activity:
- McDermott, P.L., "Dynamical machine learning models for forecasting spatio-temporal processes," University of Wollongong, Wollongong, Australia, October 2017.
- McDermott, P.L., "Dynamical nonlinear forecasting: an analog approach," Data Science Environment Workshop, Brest, France, July 2017.
- McDermott, P.L., "A hierarchical spatio-temporal analog forecasting model for count data," Joint Statistical Meetings, Baltimore, MD, July 2017.
- Hassett, C., "A Bayesian Approach to Multivariate Signal Extraction," Joint Statistical Meetings, Chicago, IL, August 2016.
- Oswald, T., "A Multivariate Spatio-Temporal Model for U.S. Migration," Joint Statistical Meetings, Chicago, IL, August 2016.
- Oswald, T., “Spatio-Temporal Modeling of U.S. State-To-State Migration Flows.” Joint Statistical Meetings, Boston, MA, August 2014; Eastern North American Region, Miami, FL, March 2015.
Undergraduate Student Activity:
- Article: Lucchesi, L.R., and Wikle, C.K., (2017). Visualizing uncertainty in areal data estimates with bivariate choropleth maps, map pixelation, and glyph rotation. STAT. 6, 292-302.
- Lucchesi, L. with Kuhnert, P., Visualizing Uncertainy (VizU) R Package.
- Ryan, M., "Bridging gaps: An exploratory analysis of racial and ethnic mean montly earnings gaps across industries around the great recession," Spring Undergraduate Research & Creative Achievements Forum, University of Missouri, May 2016.
- Ryan, M., “An Analysis of Bullying and Suicide in the United States using a Non-Gaussian Multivariate Spatial Model." The National Conference On Undergraduate Research, Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA; University of Missouri, Undergraduate Research Spring Forum 2015, Columbia, MO; April 2015.
- Won the excellence in Physical Sciences and Mathematics award at the University of Missouri’s Undergraduate Research Spring Forum 2015.
- Article: Ryan, M., Bradley, J.R., Oswald, T., Wikle, C.K., and Holan, S.H. (2015) An Analysis of Bullying and Suicide in the United States using a Non-Gaussian Multivariate Spatial Model. Proceedings of The National Conference On Undergraduate Research (NCUR). Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA.
- Wikle, C.K., "Introduction to Statistics for Spatio-Temporal Data," Invited ASA Traveling Short-Course, Harvard University, Boston, MA (April 2017).
- Simpson, M. "Introduction to Stan for Markov Chain Monte Carlo," U.S. Census Bureau (April 2017). Accompanying Files.
- Wikle, C.K., "Introduction to Statistics for Spatio-Temporal Data," Invited ASA Traveling Short-Course, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI (March 2017).
- Wikle, C.K., "Introduction to Statistics for Spatio-Temporal Data," Invited ASA Traveling Short-Course, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO (March 2017).
- Wikle, C.K., "An Introduction to Spatio-Temporal Statistics: There is No History Without Geography (and Vice Versa)," Invited Introductory Overview Lecture, Joint Statistical Meetings, Chicago, IL, July 2016.
- STSN hosted a workshop on Spatio-Temporal Design and Analysis for Official Statistics held May 20-21, 2016. Summary of Discussions.
- Cressie, N. and Mangion, Z. "Spatio-temporal statistical modelling," a one-day short course for National Institute for Applied Statistics Research Australia, Sydney, Australia (2015).
- Jonathan R. Bradley: New Tools Help Provide Vital Demographics, Population Statistics to Policy Makers (2015)
- Bradley, J.R., Wikle, C.K., and Holan, S.H. (2015) Multiscale Analysis of Survey Data: Recent Developments and Exciting Prospects. Statistic Views, Wiley.
- Cressie, N. "Training undergraduates, graduate students, postdocs, and Federal agencies: Methodology, data, and science for Federal Statistics." NCRN Spring Meeting, National Academy of Science; Washington DC (May 2015).
- Cressie, N., Holan, S. H., and Wikle, C. K. (July 2013) How Can Survey Estimates of Small Areas be Improved by Leveraging Social-Media Data? Ask the Experts, International Association of Survey Statisticians (IASS), (68).
- Cressie on Campus: King, A. (May 2013) Can Crowd Sourcing Help the US Census?
- Wikle, C.K., Holan, S.H., and Cressie, N. (2013) Hierarchical Spatio-Temporal Models and Survey Research. Statistics Views, Wiley.
- ASA Fellowships
- ASA - Federal Statistics System